Home Decorating Contest
Lights On is in it’s third Annual Festival Noël and we are hopeful that Rayside-Balfour will embrace challenging their neighbours to celebrate the festive season with decorating the exterior of their homes. Join in the fun and maybe share in the wonderful prize money that is being offered.
We are encouraging all homes and places of business to welcome our visitors by decorating your homes. Not only a great way to celebrate our festive season but you could also share in some great prize money.
Open to the residents of Azilda & Chelmsford.
Entry Application Period:
November 11, 2023 to December 08, 2023
Winners will be announced at the Winter Wonderland Opening on December 15
- First Place $1,000
- Runner Up $500
- Finalist $250
Info: Gary J. Michalak (705) 918-1534 or email@example.com
Rules & Regulations
- Please read these rules and instructions and if you have any questions contact Gary J. Michalak at 705.983.4297 or email at firstname.lastname@example.orgParticipation is open to all residents within the townships of Rayside and Balfour.
- Admission is free, with no fees or charges to pay.
- Members of the Heritage Café Board of Directors are not eligible to participate.
- Applications must be received no later than 12 p.m. on Thursday December 8th, 2023.
- The competition is for exterior decorations only, including window decorations visible from the outside. Judgment will be made only from outside the residence.
- The judgment will be based on street appeal only. Therefore, only decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view the backyards or side yards.
- Participants agree that one or more photos of the exterior of their decorated residence may be posted on the Café Heritage and Community Action Networks web and Facebook sites.
- The participant agrees that there is no compensation of any kind for such posting or publication).
- Evaluation criteria include:
[a] Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations;
[b] The scenario or theme;
[c] The display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and
[d] The general presentation.
- Judgment will take place from 18:00 to 20:00 during the period from 10 to 15 December 2023.
- Participants must ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated during the judging periods of both nights. May change
- PRIZE MONEY
- First Place $1,000,
- Runner up winning $500 and the
- 3rd place winner $250.
- Winners will be announced at the Official Opening of Winter Wonderland that will be held on December 15 at 6:30pm at Whitewater Park.
- The winner of the first place will be placed on the wall of fame of the Christmas Festival and will not be allowed to compete in subsequent years.
BE CREATIVE, BE FESTIVE, HAVE FUN!