“SHOWCASE 2024 GUIDELINES”
- This not a competition. Our PURPOSE is to select the top 14 SINGERS in Northeastern Ontario to participate at the SHOWCASE that is scheduled for Sunday May 5M 2022 at the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre in Azilda.
- If you are between the age of 6 and 19 on or before May 5, 2024, you are eligible to enter the “LIONS SHOWCASE.”
- Complete and sign the application form.
- You must also attach at the same time a LINK to video from You Tube, Vimeo, Facebook, or Twitch, recorded within the last 6 months.
- We are accepting vocals only (without playing an instrument)
Include your name in the title of the video.
- Coaching provided by professional artist(s)
- $200 will be provided to each of the finalists.
- Sing and work with incredible musicians.
- Perform live in front of an audience.
- Future opportunities with Café Heritage events
- All competitors will receive a souvenir memento.
- Thank you for your interest in participating in the 10TH Annual Lions SuperSTARS Vocal Competition. Please review the following criteria to ensure your audition experience is both appropriate and rewarding.
- Registrations must be received on or before March 8, 2024
- Know your material. Your act should be polished and ready for an audience.
SELECTION OF MATERIAL
- Your choice of material should be within your capability and must be suitable for a family audience.
- Coaches will be working with each of the selected competitors. Working with an MP4, your Coach will work with you in preparing for a live rehearsal that will take place on the evening of Friday May 3, all day May 4 , or the morning of May 5, 2024. Preference will be given to those who have to stay overnight.Performers will be responsible for travel, meal and accommodation expenses Kindly advise if you require accommodation. 705-983-4297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABILITY TO PERFORM BEFORE AN AUDITION PANEL OF JUDGES
- Even the most seasoned pros get a little nervous before a performance. Our experienced judges are here to assess your audition and perhaps offer a few words of constructive advice at their discretion.
ABILITY TO PERFORM BEFORE AN AUDIENCE
- Looking ahead to show time, you must be able to stand in the spot light and deliver a captivating act.
ABILITY TO PERFORM IN A LIVE ENVIRONMENT
- The show is presented at the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre in front of a live audience. If you are a successful candidate, we will help you to familiarize yourself with a live audience.
ABILITY TO PERFORM WITH A BAND
- The Café Heritage house band consists of some very talented musicians from our area. They will perform live during the show with all vocal acts (some exceptions may apply).
- What sets you apart from every other act in the show? What value can you bring to the production that will be memorable to an audience?
Here are a few helpful hints to make your performance memorable:
- Up-tempo, high-energy songs are more impactful than ballads. Generally, they are also easier to perform.
- Avoid tackling ambitious power ballads if you’re not up to the challenge. Keep it real.
- You may be chosen to perform in the live show; however, you may have chosen a song that someone else has also selected. It is required to have a second choice in this case (or our panel may suggest something suitable).
- For the audition process only, vocalists may perform a cappella, to full or karaoke tracks, or with self-contained acoustic accompaniment.
THANK YOU – INFORMATION Gary J Michalak at 705.983.4297 or email@example.com